by 사무국 posted Feb 04, 2018
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

2018 KMAM elections for President

2017 has been an amazing year.  In particular, the contributions of the mentors from Ottawa and New York were very well received. Hopefully, KMAM will move forward with many new alliances to come. I was glad to wrap up my two-year term as KMAM President with this effort. 

While I would have loved to continue on, unfortunately, I’m announcing to you all that I will not be seeking a second two-year term as President. I've been deeply engaged with KMAM for 4 years now, first as a mentor, then Vice-President, and finally President. To say that I’ve learned a lot would be an understatement. I’ve discovered a Montreal Korean community that is strong and able to build a better future for bright young students. We have a wonderful pool of mentors that are willing to take the time to help and support bright young minds. This is a valuable resources that we must cherish and be very thankful for. With this in mind, I can only believe that the community will grow stronger and prosper. 

I would like to thank all the mentors, the community leaders, and the students for supporting us during the last two years. In particular, I would like to sincerely thank Dr. Jimmy Jong, Martin Jung, Eunha Hwang, Dr. Paul Yoon, Hana Lee, Dr. Sangyong Jeon, the Montreal Korean Consulate, the executives at MECA McGill, the Montreal Korean community, and all the volunteers for making the conference possible. 

Most importantly, I would invite you to raise your interest for the role of President or recommend an outstanding candidate. I can tell you that this role has benefited me tremendously both as an individual and professional. I was humbled and grateful to be surrounded and supported by outstanding students and dedicated mentors. I have been able to meet professionals from a wide range of industries, cities, and countries. 

You can send your name and a letter of intent or recommendation to: elections.kmam@gmail.com

We will gather candidates’ interest until March 1st, 2018. And set up elections soon thereafter if necessary.  The new President will be invited to build its executive team and present his/her vision for KMAM. 

It’s a new year and a time for new projects. Let us welcome a new KMAM President and help build the next generation of young leaders. 

Your very truly,

Kang Hyuk Lee
KMAM President 2016-2017